About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
Enhanced company pension contributions
Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
Group life assurance scheme
We’re looking for an Animator to join the team at Splash Damage and help bring our characters to life. As an Animator at Splash Damage, you will be responsible for working with the team to conceive, prototype, and implement exciting gameplay features and sequences, and collaborate with the Art Leads to drive for high and consistent quality across the game.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable strong biped, creature and mechanical animation skills
- Proficiency in mayor 3D animation software package, particular Maya and / or Motion Builder
- Good working knowledge of game development workflows, processes and tools
- Understanding of the character pipeline (modelling, rigging and skinning)
- Knowledge and experience of working with game engines (e.g. Unreal),
- A passion for making and playing games
- Be part of the animation team under the guidance of a Lead animator
- Working closely with animators, programmers, artists and designers to create, implement, and debug animations into the game.
- Collaborate with the Animation, Code and Design teams, to achieve balance between animation fidelity and gameplay responsiveness.
- Testing, reviewing and iterating upon animations to tune them to the highest quality
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Established character animation experience in video games and or have worked on a released title
- Proficiency in UE4
- Positive, solution-orientated individual, with a deep-rooted interest in video games, and game development.
- Strong skills in animating the human / creature figure to create high standard character animations.
- Some understanding of development issues in getting animations into a game.
Nice to Have:
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Proficiency with MotionBuilder.
- Experience of working with motion capture data.
- Experience working with facial animation, blendshapes, facial animation pipeline.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.