About Splash Damage
Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this. We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from.
Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard. Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
As a Graphics Programmer, you will be responsible for implementing and optimising rendering features for our games on PC and consoles (Xbox One and PS4). Reporting to the Lead Core Tech Programmer, you will work with Splash Damage’s programming team on building and maintaining the rendering engine and contribute to the associated tools and pipelines. You will apply your knowledge of modern rendering techniques and ability to write and optimise shaders in order to implement cutting-edge graphics features and squeeze as much power out of the hardware as possible.
- Practical and demonstrable professional experience with graphics programming in a modern game engine, with at least 1 shipped game on a current-gen or next-gen console
- Experienced and proficient in C++ and shader languages
- Able to optimize and debug shader assembly code
- Experience with multi-processor architectures
- Strong Math skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Maths related field.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 at the engine level
- Experience with DirectX 12 and console proprietary API
- Experience with compute shaders is a plus
- Experience with multi-threaded rendering
- Familiar with Data-Oriented Design
- Knowledge of C#
- Experience working in small focused teams
- Knowledge of technical documentation and testing
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.