ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
With our fantastic AAA Projects forever pushing our studio's growth, Splash Damage is seeking a new Concept Artist to come and join the SD Family.
Working closely alongside both our Art Directors and Lead Artists you will bring creative passion, vision, and inspiration to help drive the quality of our current and upcoming titles.
ResponsibilitiesCollaborating with the project's developers, you will be called upon to create inspiring sci-fi designs. From initial speed sketches, through to product-defining visuals – developing imaginative visual solutions for the various aesthetic, technical, design & narrative considerations in a timely fashion to translate Artistic Vision into reality.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Having experience in the games industry, you have a good understanding of games development pipeline and concept art workflows.
- You have experience in visual design & illustration and a strong understanding of Art fundamentals such as colour theory, composition, shape language, lighting, form + function, perspective, anatomy, and a burning passion for excellence & the video games medium! You present notable mastery of at least one key concept art area – environment or character.
- You are fluent in Photoshop & possess a strong capacity to learn new tools.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of sci-fi, architectural, and mechanical design principles and their application to fictional characters, vehicles, machines, weapons etc
- Good understanding of how to construct credible mechanical designs and architecture
- The ability to match and define a variety of art styles with minimal supervision from management staff
- Strong anatomical knowledge in Character design; unique and interesting characters in a range of styles
- Architectural knowledge – strong understanding of the layout, proportions & construction of a range of building types, both realistic and imaginary.
- Experienced in 3D packages
- Strong traditional artistic skills
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.