About Splash Damage
We began Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
We are looking for a talented Community Manager to join the Marketing team here at Splash Damage.
Working with our Brand Manager you will create and execute community focused campaigns to grow and nurture our player base across multiple touchpoints, from social media and news posts to forums and events.
You will act as a champion for the community, monitoring and reporting sentiment to the wider project teams and studio leadership.
- Create and execute compelling community engagement strategies across all our platforms, channels, and events
- Operate, manage, and moderate the studio’s social and community platforms
- Act as a champion for the player; monitoring and reporting on community sentiment and representing our community in conversations with the project teams and studio leadership
- Grow our content creator pool through proactive discovery and nurturing
- Work with the Brand Manager to distil high level conversations, strategy, and roadmaps into player-facing comms
- Working with the Marketing team, liaise with the development team to take an active role in in steering live development of game content and publishing activities, and acting as a player advocate in decisions
- Work alongside the Marketing team to create compelling content for our website, social, and other appropriate channels
Essential Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience engaging an audience. From planning to execution to evaluation, across a number of platforms
- Demonstrated experience managing or moderating a community, no matter what size
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask with good time management
- Proactive attitude, with an autonomous approach
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Flexibility about working hours to accommodate travel for occasional events
- A love of games and a passion for community building
- Demonstrated experience crafting public facing comms
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Photoshop
- Knowledge of web and social analytics tools
Make sure to tell us about your favourite games (they don’t need to be ours!) and why you love them in your cover letter.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.