About Splash Damage
Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this. We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from.
Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard. Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Build / Automation Engineer team are responsible for maintaining and contributing to the build and release infrastructure that underpin our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
As a Build / Automation Engineer, you will use your knowledge and experience to plan, build and maintain the build pipeline and infrastructure that supports the game from both a development and live service perspective. You have experience working with colleagues from multiple different departments to understand and fulfil requirements for the entire build and release pipeline, from the moment work leaves a developer machine to it reaching the player. You will also be responsible for identifying potential opportunities to expand our build infrastructure, working with support departments to identify, procure and setup resources as required.
We believe that constantly improving on our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to effectively elicit requirements and communicate opportunities as well as constraints.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Professional experience maintaining, extending and contributing to build pipelines and infrastructure for more than one shipped title.
- Professional experience working with Perforce and TeamCity.
- Professional experience with continuous delivery of updates and content for live games.
- Professional experience with deployment and development on PC, Xbox One and PS4.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team
- Experience with any scripting language. (C#, Python pref.)
Even better if you have:
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Professional experience managing and integrating content delivery networks (CDN).
- Professional experience integrating cloud-based infrastructure within build pipelines (i.e. AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Professional experience working with virtual machines and/or containers.
- Experience integrating automated testing within build pipelines.
- Experience with multiplayer games.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.