Game Content Tools
About Splash Damage
Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this. We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from.
Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard. Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Core Tech programming team are responsible for implementing the core systems, pipelines, infrastructure, and tools that empower the development team and provide the solid framework for our titles.
We work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas with a focus on delivering value in an iterative, agile environment.
As a Game Content Tools Programmer, you will focus on creating, extending, and maintaining a collection of game production tools and pipelines built on top of or within the Unreal Engine as well as DCC tools used by our Content teams such as Houdini. Combining your knowledge of the Unreal Engine code and architecture, asset creation pipelines and modern programming techniques, you will work closely with developers from departments to gather their requirements and create software solutions that are evolutive, purposeful and user-friendly.
You excel at:
- Interacting with developers from all departments to gather requirements, develop and maintain tools and pipelines
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks.
- Writing clear, maintainable, and portable code that is fit for project needs first, with the potential to be reused and shared across the studio.
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Design well-presented and effective tools with a focus on simplicity, usability and reliability
- Take ownership of specific tools over their entire life cycle, from early design stages to post-release support
- Professional experience with game tools programming to production standard
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong data design skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Python
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, and optimized code
- Strong problem-solving skills and math background
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, able to work independently
- Good verbal and written English skills
Even better if you have:
- Experience with creating tools within Unreal Engine Editor framework and Unreal plugin development
- Experience with developing for industry standard content creation packages (Houdini, 3DStudio, Maya, Photoshop, FBX, …)
- Experience with C# and WPF
- Experience with working with databases
- Experience with Perforce and TeamCity
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to large new codebases
- Good UX and GUI design skills
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.