About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
Online Services Leads are responsible for the output of an Online Services team who design, implement and support client side game features that interface with back end and platform level services.
Our Online Services teams work closely with backend services engineers and frontend UI engineers, to help realise features such as Matchmaking, Telemetry, Player Statistics, VOIP solutions, Lobby flow and integrating with XboxLive / Steam / PSN features such as Auth, Rich Presence, Messaging and Party management.
Leads plan sprints for their team, effectively prioritising work to make ideal use of each team member’s skills. Drawing upon their experience they will share knowledge with their team to create robust, flexible interfaces that respect the core technical pillars of a project. They work closely with other disciplines to realise their ideas and are not afraid to dive into hands-on work when necessary.
We trust our Lead OS Programmers with a large degree of autonomy throughout the development cycle, and they put the needs of their team over their own. They are capable leaders who empower their team of programmers, keeping them motivated, providing effective coaching, feedback, and opportunities for growth along the way. They regularly work with the title’s leadership team to solve project-level issues and represent their discipline effectively both internally as well as to external partners.
You Excel At:
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Ensuring that our games are robust and error-tolerant, aiming to provide the best possible player experience at all times.
- A strong background in programming for video games; you’ve worked on at least 1 commercial project.
- Advanced knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience and good practices.
- Demonstrable experience interacting with external APIs and services within a large and robust system
- Professional experience integrating external APIs with game clients: PSN / XBL / Steam.
- Multi-platform console development experience.
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills; you love collaborating with others to architect and implement systems.
- Strong time management and organisational skills; you can assist others in getting the job done without supervision.
- Good communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of all experience levels.
Even better if you have :
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 (UE4)
- A real passion for Online and clear enthusiasm for playing games.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.