Build / Automation
About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running remotely during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. With the relaxing of travel and quarantine restrictions in the UK, we are now relocating new team members from outside the UK to London prior to starting their employment with us. This gives new Splashers the opportunity to establish a home in the local area, before joining their teams in working remotely until such time as we return to the studio. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, and look forward to having all of our amazing staff back into the studio as soon as it is safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Build / Automation Engineer team are responsible for maintaining and contributing to the build and release infrastructure that underpin our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
As a Build / Automation Engineer, you will use your knowledge and experience to plan, build and maintain the build pipeline and infrastructure that supports the game from both a development and live service perspective. You have experience working with colleagues from multiple different departments to understand and fulfil requirements for the entire build and release pipeline, from the moment work leaves a developer machine to it reaching the player. You will also be responsible for identifying potential opportunities to expand our build infrastructure, working with support departments to identify, procure and setup resources as required.
We believe that constantly improving on our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to effectively elicit requirements and communicate opportunities as well as constraints.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Professional experience maintaining, extending and contributing to build pipelines and infrastructure for more than one shipped title.
- Professional experience working with Perforce and TeamCity.
- Professional experience with continuous delivery of updates and content for live games.
- Professional experience with deployment and development on PC, Xbox One and PS4.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team
- Experience with any scripting language. (C#, Python pref.)
Even better if you have:
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Professional experience managing and integrating content delivery networks (CDN).
- Professional experience integrating cloud-based infrastructure within build pipelines (i.e. AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Professional experience working with virtual machines and/or containers.
- Experience integrating automated testing within build pipelines.
- Experience with multiplayer games.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.