About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running remotely during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. With the relaxing of travel and quarantine restrictions in the UK, we are now relocating new team members from outside the UK to London prior to starting their employment with us. This gives new Splashers the opportunity to establish a home in the local area, before joining their teams in working remotely until such time as we return to the studio. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, and look forward to having all of our amazing staff back into the studio as soon as it is safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
Splash Damage is looking for a hardworking Associate Environment Artist to help us build stunning and inspiring environments for upcoming titles. Working within our multi-discipline art team, you will be building worlds while collaborating with Art direction, Design and Tech-Art to ensure the maps are fun to play, perform well and look visually impressive.
- Build appealing map art with strong compositions and mood in a concise way
- Work with the Art Leads and fellow artists to create inspiring environment art while ensuring a consistent art style is maintained across the game
- Collaborate with Art Leads and other departments such as Lighting, Concept, Level Design and Tech Art to ensure a consistent art style is maintained across the game while maintaining game play and performance requirements
- Maintain quality, efficiency and consistency across your work
Essential Skills and Experience
- Basic skills of standard environment art software packages such as Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop and Substance
- Basic understanding of art fundamentals and design (including understanding of composition and colour)
- Good communication skills and ability to receive and act upon feedback
- Hardworking and have a strong passion to learn and improve as an artist
- Basic awareness of UE4 engine budgets and constraints
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience using Unreal Engine
- PBR workflow understanding
- Impressive portfolio that shows artist knowledge of World Building, Modelling, Mapping and Texturing)
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.