ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We look after our people with an extensive package of benefits, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the AI engineering team are responsible for implementing new and exciting AI features within a multiplayer environment. We work closely with other disciplines to shape and realise new ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development.
As a Senior AI Engineer you will use your knowledge and experience to own the technical design and implementation of large-scale game features. Through mentoring and championing of best practises and company values you will provide day-to-day support for more junior members of the team whilst effectively managing your own time and workload through delegation. You will help drive the project forward by working with your discipline lead to plan and maintain roadmaps and improve processes. Furthermore, there are opportunities for cross-project development, shaping the future of our AI toolset that is used throughout all our games.
We believe that constantly improving your skills is an essential part of the job and we offer regular engineering, leadership, management, and mentoring training programmes.
You excel at:
- Working collaboratively with members of multiple disciplines to iteratively develop features that address and achieve the high-level goals of the game.
- Identifying and championing best practises and processes within your domain
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving, and highly focused team.
- Writing clear, maintainable, and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- A strong understanding of AI behavioural & navigational techniques used in modern games.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- Professional experience iteratively implementing AI features from inception to delivery.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- A strong interest in researching and implementing new AI related technologies.
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles.
Even better if you have:
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games and/or turn-based tactical games.
- Professional Unreal Engine development experience.
- Experience developing for game consoles.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory, and bandwidth usage.
- Experience in animation programming.
(Please prepare a cover letter to submit alongside your CV for this position)
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.