About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
We are currently working on several exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
As a Cinematic Artist at Splash Damage you will support the team in a number of ways by applying multiple skills to your daily work and be responsible for creating high quality in-game cinematics that will tie together gameplay and narrative through realistic acting, compelling action and expressive dialogs. The candidate will have to:
- Construct in-game cinematic sequences following the direction and feedback from the Cinematic Director – including staging, blocking and camera work in 3d layout
- Prepare scenes and setup all assets needed for motion capture shoots as well as for the animation team.
- Scene layout and maintenance in game engine.
- Finessing of cameras at polish stage where required
- Maintaining consistent quality, style and continuity, both visually and technically throughout the project
- Liaise with other disciplines to resolve any technical difficulties
- Possibility for international travel on work duties.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous game or film experience working on action-oriented sequences and cut scenes – examples of previz and layout.
- Experience working with cameras and motion capture in Maya and Motion Builder using Story or Sequencer
- Previous experience placing and manipulating motion capture data.
- Cinematography experience, focusing in scene composition, pacing and editing
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Ability to give and receive feedback and adapt to visual direction
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong experience and at least 1 published game working in layout/cinematics
- Great working knowledge of UE4 cinematic tools or equivalent tech
- Technical problem solving
- Create high quality animations for characters, facial, props and vehicles for cinematics.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks maternity and paternity leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.