About Splash Damage
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
Are you an energetic professional who thrives in a fast paced, low management environment? Do you like leading a team of passionate professionals and pushing them to exceed expectations? If the answer is yes to these questions, then Splash Damage is your next career move.
We are looking for a high impact, passionate leader to lead a large team of developers to deliver the next AAA hit.
Working in partnership with an external client, you'll be responsible for the strategic planning and delivery of multiple projects. Activities include, roadmap planning, team building and organization, client management and alignment all while balancing internal and external needs to ensure an on-time, on budget, high quality delivery.
What we want you to do
- Be the first point of contact for anything project related including; Schedule, Budget, Product Vision, Client Management and Alignment, Team morale.
- Maintain a well-organized and efficient team.
- Identify and solve issues before they turn into bigger problems.
- Create a "can-do" atmosphere that drives the team to perform beyond their expectations.
- Hold your team accountable for the quality of the game experience.
- Coordinate and manage a diverse team of Designers, Artist, Programmers and Production staff.
- Work in close partnership with our external clients to maintain alignment throughout the project.
- Work closely with the Splash Damage senior management to build and maintain our production reputation and reach within the industry.
- Negotiate all contracts with external resources used on the project.
- Own multiple project P&L’s to maintain project profitability.
Skills you'll need
- Leadership skills including attracting and inspiring top talent, public speaking that drives action, and creating a culture to succeed no matter what.
- Must have experience managing a AAA game in live service and/or experience running live games
- Passionate about games and the "craft" of making games.
- Extensive full-time experience working in Games development as a Senior Producer or higher.
- Have delivered at least 2 AAA Console or PC titles.
- Deep understanding of game development and pipelines including knowledge of latest production methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Lean)
- Ability to balance forecasting, strategy, planning, and execution.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and to quality
- Solid understanding of major trends in the gaming business.
- Strong presentation skills at every level of the business
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and friendly attitude.
- Good understanding of: Office 365, Jira, Perforce
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience a plus
- UE4 Experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of languages outside English a plus.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.