About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
As a Technical Audio Designer at Splash Damage you will be responsible for the implementation of Sound Effects, Music and Dialogue in our games. This will include simple sound effect playback and advanced systemic audio design utilizing various middleware solutions. You will work on cutting-edge audio technology, expanding audio systems and integrating sound into gameplay to deliver exciting game experiences.
You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways
- Design, implement, and debug audio systems for game development primarily using Unreal Engine 4 and Wwise.
- Bridge the gap between audio designers and programmers to be the go between of the two disciplines.
- Collaborate with designers and programmers to develop systems/tools to allow audio designers to further realize their artistic aural vision.
- Work with the development team to design cutting edge game audio tools for speech/sfx/music in innovative ways
- Adopt and improve the existing audio development process.
- Manage audio data budget, Wwise session organization, SoundBank structure and loading, and run-time audio optimizations
- Responsible for documenting audio systems and educating the content creators in audio best practices.
- Defining and managing loudness standards.
Join our awesome audio team and help us make some amazing sounding games.
- You must have been an Audio Designer within the games industry for 3+ years with at least 2+ complete cycle of a shipped AAA title
- Have extensive proficiency with audio middleware (Wwise, Fmod)
- Have experience with game engines including Unreal
- Proficiency with scripting using Unreal Blueprints
- Basic proficiency in C++
- Extensive knowledge of implementing audio in modern game engines
- Advanced knowledge of sound design, synthesis, & audio manipulation
- Knowledge of and experience with building and maintaining modern audio systems in AAA titles
- Work efficiently and autonomously with a high attention to detail
- Understanding of mix engineering process and loudness standards within the industry
- Up to date on industry standards and developments in sound production and mixing techniques in other fields such as film and music
- Extensive experience in Sound Design and a strong grasp of Audio Principles
- A degree in music or sound design
- Good problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of DSP and audio programming
- Experience with console development (PS4, Xbox One, etc.)
- Scripting I other languages such as Json, Lua, Python etc
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke, and our weekly Friday get-togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.