ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘World-class Employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Generous performance-related pay system, in addition to your base salary
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions and group life assurance scheme
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
We have an opportunity for an interim HR Manager to join the HR team here at Splash initially on a rolling contract arrangement with potential opportunity to covert to a permanent arrangement.
This is an exciting role and an excellent opportunity for someone with a leadership and analytical mindset who is looking for a role where they can influence the business, manage a team and multiple projects.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to HR Team, managing performance and setting expectations
- Point of escalation for any line management coaching, queries, ER casework. Weekly meetings with Production leadership to flag concerns
- Annual compensation activities; salary benchmarking – analysis and proposals, calibration and bonus processes as well as supporting with talent and performance cycles.
- Plan, develop and implement HR practices and processes based on organisational priorities and legislative changes
- Creating and delivering HR dashboards, analytics, reports and metrics. Monthly VP Conversations and escalation to HR Director.
- Supporting on handling of monthly Companywide payroll processing and submission.
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for games. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Expert and established experience within HR and multiple years' operating at a Senior level
- Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information
- Ability to effectively organise allocated work activities, work to tight deadlines and assist in the effective organisation of non-standard tasks and events.
- Confident in communicating with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of using and managing a variety of HR systems and applications
- Clear aptitude for and experience in, numerical analysis and data insight
- Excellent project management and organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage multiple workstreams and meet deadlines
- Advanced in Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft office packages
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.