ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
As Splash Damage grows to meet our new ambitions, we’re scaling up our experienced Creative Services team to meet these new goals. We’re looking for a highly organised individual with outstanding communication and project management skills to support our Creative Services team in producing eye catching content and campaigns, for the studio and our games, from ideation right through to delivery.
Working with the Studio’s Head of Creative Services and our in-house teams, you will handle the day-to-day operations of the Video and Creative Design sub-teams, supporting our Seniors and Leads to bring structure across our projects as we grow.
You’ll collaborate with a mixed discipline team of creatives, be confident planning and overseeing scheduling, and scoping, tracking and reporting are all second nature to you.
Responsibilities at a Glance:
- Own and oversee the day-to-day production, planning, scheduling, and deadlines of the team
- Scope, track, and report the work of the team consistently to team and studio leadership, ensuring effective communication around timings, budget, and resource needs to set clear expectations
- Work with the team to sense check briefs, negotiate on constraints and limitations, create budgets, & schedule projects to keep all work on track and visible
- Consistently and proactively seek to improve the team's production processes, tools, and pipelines across multiple disciplines
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that the visual identity of our brands and projects are aligned with the studio’s marketing strategy
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience managing creative teams through the complete life cycle of projects with excellent communication skills to work with all seniority levels
- A structural mind set along with a can-do problem-solving approach
- The ability to work under pressure and confidence managing multiple projects to set the pace and ambition for the studio’s output of work, ensuring our work is the best it can be
- Understanding of the technical issues in the production of graphics and video delivery
Bonus Points for:
- A passion for design and brilliant marketing
- Experience within the games industry or related entertainment industry
- Experience in managing outsourcing workflows
- Please include a cover letter with your application, applications without will not be considered.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.