About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
We are looking for a passionate and highly talented Lead Concept Artist to join our ranks and help build and drive the quality of our projects as well as contribute to the continued development of the talented artists within the company.
As a Lead Concept Artist, you will work closely with your Art Director and Leadership Team to conceive, develop and deliver high-quality concept art, maintain and communicate the established vision. You will also work together with the Leadership Team and the Production Team to ensure consistent schedule and project planning, as well as collaborate on workflows and visual direction.
As a Lead Concept Artist, you need to be well versed in deconstructing visual style and direction, as well as motivating and clear in communicating it within your team to ensure consistency and high standards of quality.
- Create high quality, believable and realistic production concepts to represent vision
- Create supporting artwork to aid visual problem solving and iteration
- Work with the Art Director to establish and maintain visual direction
- Motivate and support the Concept Art team to maintain consistent, high-quality art that fits the specifications of the project
- Communicate with other Discipline Leads to ensure the needs of all departments are considered
- Collaborate with Production and Leadership Team on schedule, planning and management
- Contribute to communication with our partners
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong and inspiring portfolio of high-quality and creative concept art
- Strong understanding of artistic and design fundamentals and skills, including drawing, anatomy, composition, perspective, light, colour, functional design, architecture, graphic design and typography.
- Good knowledge of game development, art creation pipelines
- Passion for world building, contextual narrative and storytelling
- Ability to give and receive feedback and adapt to visual direction
- Shipped titles in a Senior Position or higher
- Ability to analyse and deconstruct visual style and direction
Preferred skills and experience:
- Understanding of Leadership and Management (planning, scoping etc.)
- Ability to support and mentor less experienced Concept Artists
- Strong traditional art skills
- Experience in AAA development
- Experience managing a team
- Shipped titles in a Leadership Role
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks maternity and paternity leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.