About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
UI Designers at Splash Damage turn complicated concepts and systems into intuitive and engaging experiences that enable players to interact with our game worlds and each other.
Applying user-centred design methodologies, UI Designers take ownership of UI features and drive them to completion. They create user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and effectively apply colour theory and design principles to craft visual designs with a high degree of polish. After delivering mock-ups and design specs, they review the implementation to ensure it matches their vision, and use feedback from user testing to drive iteration as needed.
UI Designers are collaborative by nature and enjoy working with others to develop concepts and ideas. They see new challenges as opportunities to develop their own skills and are keen to keep honing their technical ability and expertise. UI Designers are selfless individuals who never lose sight of who they’re ultimately designing for – our players.
We believe that leveling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our UI designers.
- A solid background in UI design; you’ve worked on at least one commercial product for a significant period of its development and are comfortable working in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Fluency in current design and typographical trends, with a keen eye for composition, clarity and usability
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills; you love collaborating with others to craft solutions and can provide constructive feedback when asked
- Solid time management and organisational skills; you can get the job done without close supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly and confidently both internally and to external partners
- A real passion for UI and clear enthusiasm for games
Bonus Points for:
- Prior game development experience
- Experience with UI prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Axure, Invision, or similar
- Experience visualising UI animations in AfterEffects or Flash
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks maternity and paternity leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.