About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running remotely during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. With the relaxing of travel and quarantine restrictions in the UK, we are now relocating new team members from outside the UK to London prior to starting their employment with us. This gives new Splashers the opportunity to establish a home in the local area, before joining their teams in working remotely until such time as we return to the studio. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, and look forward to having all of our amazing staff back into the studio as soon as it is safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
As a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for all aspects of programming for an entire project. You will be in charge of your programming team, overseeing the day to day development of the game while liaising with production as well as the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction.
In charge of all technical aspects of the game, you will work closely with your programming discipline leads, game design, level design, art and production teams, and act as the main technical point of contact for the project.
We believe that constantly improving on our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Lead the day-to-day management of the project's programming team.
- Setting clear technical direction, intent and best practices within your team.
- Co-ordinate technical planning and task scheduling with production.
- Work with the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Professional experience overseeing a large programming team throughout the full game development cycle on a shipped title.
- Professional experience overseeing a team of programmers.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Experience creating and maintaining roadmaps and technical plans.
- Experienced and proficient in C++.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with waterfall and/or agile production methodologies.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with resource planning and recruitment
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience on PC and/or consoles.
- Experience developing for Scarlett, PS5, Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Experience developing Game-as-a-Service games.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.