About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
As a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for all aspects of programming for an entire project. You will be in charge of your programming team, overseeing the day to day development of the game while liaising with production as well as the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction.
In charge of all technical aspects of the game, you will work closely with your programming discipline leads, game design, level design, art and production teams, and act as the main technical point of contact for the project.
We believe that constantly improving on our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Lead the day-to-day management of the project's programming team.
- Setting clear technical direction, intent and best practices within your team.
- Co-ordinate technical planning and task scheduling with production.
- Work with the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Professional experience overseeing a large programming team throughout the full game development cycle on a shipped title.
- Professional experience overseeing a team of programmers.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Experience creating and maintaining roadmaps and technical plans.
- Experienced and proficient in C++.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with waterfall and/or agile production methodologies.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with resource planning and recruitment
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience on PC and/or consoles.
- Experience developing for Scarlett, PS5, Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Experience developing Game-as-a-Service games.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke and our weekly Friday get togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.