About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Gameplay programming team at Splash Damage are responsible for implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. We work closely with other disciplines to help them
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will use your advanced knowledge and experience to own the technical design and implementation of large-scale game features. Through mentoring and championing of best practices, you will provide day-to-day support for more junior members of the team whilst effectively managing your own time and workload through delegation. You will help drive the project forward by working with your discipline lead to plan and maintain roadmaps.
We believe that constantly improving our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management
You excel at:
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to effectively elicit requirements and translate them into technical designs.
- Identifying and championing best practices within your specialist domain.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
- Professional experience iteratively implementing gameplay features from inception to delivery.
- Experience mentoring junior team members and providing clear and considered feedback.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
Even better if you have:
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Experience developing for Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Experience profiling and
optimisingcode for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage. Experiencedeveloping procedurally generated environments.
- Experience in animation programming.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks parental leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.