ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
We're looking for a talented, experienced Lead VFX Artist to help us create stunning effects for our projects. Applying your range of technical and artistic skills, along with personnel and project management abilities, you will be key in driving the visual quality and gameplay integration of our AAA titles while communicating with the Leadership Team to ensure the game is engaging, satisfying, and artistically stunning. You will have a high degree of accountability for the planning and progress for your team’s deliveries.
- Oversee the project VFX crew on the creation and polish of gameplay and environmental effects
- Effectively guide and motivate the team by managing their assignments and workload.
- Collaborate with Art crew to enhance immersion and visual fidelity, with Designers to tune player experience, and with Technical Art to maintain performance requirements
- Ensure the VFX goals are being met for all essential game features.
- Able to set and maintain effective VFX pipelines, and to advocate best practices for cross-discipline collaboration
- Strive to advance our techniques and visuals into new territory
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Has worked on at least three commercially released AAA titles as a VFX artist, two as a Senior or Lead.
- Mastery of VFX fundamentals such as timing, composition, colour and how VFX provide gameplay feedback
- Experience authoring real-time VFX and have a strong understanding of the technical constraints of Console and PC performance budgets
- Masterful knowledge in rigid body, pyro, and fluid simulation
- Strong experience with node-based shader pipelines
- Must be familiar with Unreal Engine 4’s VFX and Physics tools. Niagara preferred.
- Understanding of production constraints and collaboration needs in a fast paced environment
- Current with latest digital art techniques, practices, tools, software, and trends
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous management or mentorship roles
- Working knowledge of 3D asset creation and surfacing packages
- Understanding of game build and compilation pipelines
- Familiarity with scripting and coding principles
- Comfortable directing a team to meet deliveries under strict deadlines
- Houdini FX knowledge is a plus
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.