About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
Lead UI Designers at Splash Damage are responsible for leading our UI teams from concepting to launch and beyond, championing the player’s experience at every step of the way.
Lead UI Designers establish, drive, and own the execution of the user experience vision and the resulting visual style, ensuring consistency as well as a high level of quality. They build project roadmaps for UI and plan sprints for their team, effectively prioritising work to make ideal use of each team member's skills. They work closely with other disciplines to ensure designs and assets are ready in time for the UI engineering team to implement. Able to contribute to all aspects of the UI design process, they're not afraid to dive into hands-on work when necessary.
We trust our Lead UI Designers with a large degree of autonomy throughout the development cycle, and they put the needs of their team over their own. They are capable leaders who can keep their team of designers motivated, providing effective direction, feedback, and opportunities for growth along the way. They regularly work with the title’s leadership team to solve project-level issues and represent their discipline effectively both internally as well as to external partners.
We believe that leveling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our UI designers.
- Strong leadership skills, an enthusiastic attitude and team-first mentality; you give effective direction and feedback, and can nurture professional growth in your team
- A very strong background in UI; you've set the overall UI vision and visual design direction for at least 1 commercial project and led a UI team from inception to delivery
- Experience setting up workflows and project documentation; you know what’s needed for your team to be able to deliver to the standard required
- Player-centred approach to UI design, with solid knowledge of design processes and methodologies
- Exceptional fluency in current and upcoming design as well as typographical trends, with a keen eye for composition, clarity and usability
- Thorough understanding of animation principles and the ability to visualise UI animations in AfterEffects or Flash
- Proven time management and organisational skills; you can plan your project at both roadmap and sprint-level and know how to prioritise your team’s work for maximum impact
- Comfortable working autonomously; you can get the job done without close supervision and make smart decisions with the information at hand
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of all experience levels
- A real passion for games UI and clear enthusiasm for playing games
Even better if you have:
- Previous experience in a Lead role in game development
- Experience in user research and focus testing
- Experience working with UMG
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.