Associate Hard Surface
About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
As an Associate Hard Surface Artist at Splash Damage, you would have an affinity for creating anything and everything hard surface from guns to props, gadgets & deployables.
Additionally, you a passion for understanding how mechanical things work and care about their functionality. You have a strong attention to detail and can build stunning weaponry based both on real-world reference materials and unique stylised designs.
As an Associate Hard Surface Artist, you will work with the Art Leads, concept, animation and tech-art teams and will be responsible for creating and maintaining a high-quality library of weapons and attachments for your project.
Does this sound like you? If so, you might just be a great fit for our Associate Hard Surface Artist role on one of our many exciting projects!
- Create believable and inspiring hard surface assets such as weapons, gadgets, deployables & more.
- Collaborate with the Design Team to maintain gameplay requirements and Tech art to maintain performance requirements.
- Maintain quality, efficiency and consistency across your work. Adhere to schedules and meet deadlines.
- Take part in implementing in-house and outsourced art assets when required.
Essential Skills and experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary workflows and processes
- Strong 3DS Max/Maya skills
- A practical working knowledge of Substance Painter/Designer and PBR workflows.
- Familiarity of game engines, where UE4 is preferred
- Good communication and organizational skills and the ability to efficiently interact with team members of all departments.
- A passion for games and enthusiasm for playing games.
- An understanding of real-world weapon functionality and design.
- Working knowledge of Zbrush
- Concept drawing or design is a plus.
- Experience of one or more full game development cycles
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.