Core Tech Programmer
We're currently expanding our team and are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic people with a talent and passion for advancing the medium.
|Benefits:||· Contributory Private Pension Scheme
· BUPA Private Healthcare
· BUPA Dental Cover
· Health Club and Spa Membership
· Flexible Working Hours
View full list...
Number of positions available: Multiple
As a Splash Damage’s Core Tech Programmer, you will be responsible for implementing and refining the core engine systems for our cross platform games.
Reporting to the Lead Core Tech Programmer, you will work with Splash Damage’s Programming Team on building and maintaining core engine features that encompasses rendering, animation and low level system programming. With a constant focus on scalability, performance and memory usage, you will apply your expertise in data structures and algorithms for modern, multi-core architectures to build state-of-the-art technology for a variety of platforms including PC, mobiles and current & next-generation of consoles.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience with multi-processor architectures (PC, PS3 and Xbox 360)
- 3+ years of experience in Core Tech development in a modern game engine, with at least 1 shipped game on a current-gen console
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Experienced and proficient in low level code (Intrinsic or ASM)
- Strong Math skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Maths related field
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 3 at the engine level
- Knowledge of C# and Objective-C
- Familiar with Data-Oriented Design
- Experience working in small focused teams
- Knowledge of build automation systems
- Knowledge of technical documentation and testing
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements for any role listed above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the role in the Subject Line and including the following:
- Cover letter stating your availability
- Current CV / Resume
- Up-to-date portfolio or demo reel if applicable for your position (such as URL to your website, or a ZIP file of less than 5mb with samples)
Hard-copies of portfolios (such as CDs and portfolio books) can be sent to Splash Damage Ltd, PO Box 830, Bromley, Kent BR1 9WZ, England. Please note that we are unable to return work.
We look at every application, resume, and portfolio sent to us but due to the high volume of submissions we receive every day, we are unfortunately only able to respond to successful applicants.