Splash Damage Blog
Dirty Bomb Presents... June Fine Tuning
We've had some big updates over the last few months, but our dedicated Proxy has her eye on a few changes that's she's just been killing to make. Alongside this, we'll be running a test of our Casual Matchmaking system to see how it performs in its Alpha state.
24 Hour Casual Matchmaking Alpha Test
We're one step closer to permanently releasing our new Casual Matchmaking System for more evenly balanced matches, but we need your help to get there! For 24 hours this week, we'll be testing an Alpha version of Casual Matchmaking to see how it performs on a large scale - Dates and times will be announced shortly.
Tweaks and Fixes
In this update, along with tweaking XP earn rates between Mercs, there has also been some choice Bug fixes and general improvements across the board. To name a few:
- Merc Selection (F1, F2, F3) keys are now bindable in the Options menu
- Updated default Voting key-binds. Page Up is now Vote Yes, and Page Down is Vote No. These are now bindable in the Options menu
- Added a new option aptly named "Reload cancels reload". When enabled, pressing the reload button a second time will cancel a current reload
- This gives players with the Double Time Augment a quick way to cancel out of a reload, since Sprinting does not
- Fixed bug where server performance could sometimes significantly degrade over the length of a game
- Fixed bug where EMP'd Proximity Mines would detonate when the effect wore off if a stationary enemy was nearby
- Fixed bug where a window in Dome allowed players to get under the map
For the full rundown of the latest patch, check it out on the forum here!